Top Casinos to Play Online RouletteCurrently Online Gambling is illegal in USA, that is why we have no casinos to offer you at this time! But don't be dissapointed. Please bookmark our site and check it regularly for new casinos if the situation changes. We are still working hard to find the best online casino for you!
Feeling Lucky? Hit The Button Below To Get the Largest Bonus!
Find In This Article:
- What is Roulette?
- Roulette History
- Online Roulette
- Roulette Variations
- Types of Bets
- Roulette Betting Strategy
- How To Choose an Online Casino offering Roulette?
Watch This Short Video about How To Play Roulette !
Want More Videos? Visit and Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel!
Play Roulette Online
Before we played roulette online, it was the beloved game in the smart casinos around the world. Bringing to mind, images of elegant people stood around a roulette table; visions of James Bond type characters in tuxes and bejewelled women all spinning the wheels.
Fast Forward To Today
Gambling laws were tightened in Europe, and the Monaco Principality opened casinos, where the roulette table was an instant success. However, if not for another two Frenchmen, Francois and Louis Blanc, in 1846 they had the great idea to remove the double zero and basically gave roulette players the European Roulette rules.
Having only one zero in play dropped the house edge, improving roulette benefits even more. Having taken the newer version to Germany where it grew in popularity. The brothers came back to Monaco and helped to build the grand roulette casino in Monte Carlo.
The casino was famous throughout Europe, and the roulette table was its centrepiece. The original double zero roulette did not totally disappear, as the Americans embraced it and it became known as American Roulette.
Like a lot of games, roulette has evolved, if you want to play roulette, you need to know roulette etiquette and the variations available. Carry on reading as we continue to explore online roulette and provide loads of info to improve your play.
Online Roulette – How is it Different Than Land-Based Roulette?
Not as many differences as you would think. There are many advantages to online casinos. In regards to playing roulette, there are fewer dealer errors as Random Number Generators control the games.
Roulette has not changed so very much from its beginnings, but the mechanics underlying the game are certainly different when playing online. As the ball spins on your computer screen, a complicated algorithm is ongoing to create a sequence of ‘random’ numbers as it is mathematically possible to do.
Once you press spin, after placing your bet, the RNG takes out a number from its seed sequence, and the winning number is generated from this. Playing online in regulated casinos means a third party regulator has tested the RNG; an example of this type of auditor is eCOGRA.
If they are satisfied, they give the casino the eCOGRA Seal of Approval for fair gaming. Most of the prominent software providers offer casino roulette table games, from American Roulette to Immersive Roulette. Some you can play for fun and discover the different playing styles. The try betting with real cash.
If you want a truly immersive roulette experience, head to your online casino’s Live Casino. There the likes of NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, Authentic Gaming and Vivo gaming offer an exciting, interactive roulette experience with real dealers. These roulette games and their variants are hosted from studios using 3D technology, multi-camera angles and advanced streaming.
You can also play now on real casino floors which brings some extra advantages with ‘Bet on Stats’, ‘High Roller‘ and ‘Neighbours betting on main table’ – more on these later! Online roulette can never be boring; there are just so many choices in what to play.
Roulette is a game of chance, although there are betting strategies that can be employed, more on these later. The fascination with roulette, whichever different roulette versions are being played, is in the anticipation. Just like the Greek or Roman soldier, we hold our breath and wait to see where the spin stops, will it make us winners or anticipating another spin?
As you bring the roulette casino into your home, onto your smartphone or tablet, you need to know that roulette variations follow similar roulette rules. Read on to identify the differences, so you can make informed choices of the roulette benefits in the game you choose to play.
Other Roulette Types
- 📌No-Zero Roulette – as the name indicates this online version of roulette has no zero and that also gives it a low house edge.
- 📌Roulette Royal – played the same as European Roulette with a progressive jackpot. The jackpot is triggered by getting the same number five times.
- 📌Mini Roulette – as the name suggests a smaller version with fewer numbers and less betting options than regular roulette.
- 📌Multi-Wheel Roulette – this Roulette variant can have any number of wheels, but generally they are between two and eight. Players can bet on the results of all or any of the wheels at once.
- 📌Multi-Ball Roulette – this is where you can have up to three balls in play, offered up as a good way to improving your long-term odds.
- 📌Marvel Roulette – this version can be found at Playtech casinos, and while playing as a normal European Roulette, it has an extra ‘Marvel’ Pocket. land the ball there, and you trigger a bonus round. This is a slot game with the reels based on the marvel characters with Spiderman having a 100x payout on the original bet. There is also a very low chance of winning the progressive jackpot.
Roulette – Types of Bets
Having discussed all the different roulette types and touched on some of the differences in the roulette rules, if you want to play roulette, you need to know the types of bets that can be placed and the roulette benefits you can get.
Understanding Roulette Bets
As you have probably guessed European Roulette is the popular choice to play online. It is a dynamic game that does not have overly-complicated rules, like Poker for example. Whichever roulette variant you choose to play until you understand the types of bets to be placed and their respective payouts, you will not be able to fully appreciate the potential of the roulette table.
Roulette Table Layout
The table is pretty much the same across all roulette variants. There is first and foremost the wheel. For European and French Roulette there are the red and black pockets for the numbers 1 -36 plus the green pocket for the zero.
An American wheel will have two green pockets, zero and double zero. Then there is the roulette table which features the numbers, represented by the colours you find them in on the wheel. Plus extra sections for different bets. Once the bets have been placed, accompanied by the dealer or croupier calling ‘no more bets’ or ‘rein ne va plus’ the ball is spun.
Landing, after much anticipation, on the winning numbers. Bets are paid according to their placement, and the way is then clear to start betting again, ‘place your bets’ or ‘faites vos jeux’.
Types Of Bets
There are several bet types you need to learn before venturing to play for real money. When you look at the roulette set up, you will see that you can bet on:
- individual numbers, zero – 36.
Then there are groups of numbers, which are your inside bets and outside bets:
- Red or black
- Odds or even
- 1-18 & 19-36
- Columns and dozens.
- Straight/Plein – the bet placed by selecting a single number.
- Split /Cheval – the chip is placed on the line separating the two numbers you wish to bet on.
- Street/Transversale Pleine – a bet on three consecutive numbers on a horizontal line. Make your bet by placing your chip at the end of the row, e.g. 7, 8, 9 pays 11 to 1.
- Six Line/Transversale Simple – a bet made on two adjacent lines of horizontal numbers. The chip needs to place at the common outer corner of the two lines. Pays 5 to 1.
- Corner/Carre – this is also known as a ‘square’ bet. A bet over four numbers made by placing your chip at the common corner of the four numbers ( the middle of the four).
- Trio – a bet covering three numbers that include the zero or zeros. A bet made by placing the chip on the line shared by the numbers and a zero box.
- Basket – this is a bet on 0, 1, 2,+ 3, made by placing the chip on the corner of the box and line of numbers.
- Red or Black – betting on the colour of the winning number.
- Odd/Impair or Even/Pair – betting if the winning number is odd or even. Pays 1 to 1.
- 1 -18/Manque 19-36/Passe – betting the winning number will fall either low ( 1-18) or high (19-36). pays 1 to 1.
- Dozens – betting on one of the three groups of dozens around the table. Premier Douze 1-12, Douze Milieu 13 -24 and Douze Dernier 25 -36. Pays out 2 to 1.
- Columns – betting which of the three columns the winning number will fall. Pays out 2 to 1.
There is also a black snake bet, with black numbers: 2, 6, 8, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 26, 29, 28, 31 and 35. In the black snake bet, the numbers 17/20 & 26/29 are split bets, the rest are straight.
While these can be found on European Roulette they more commonly associated with French Roulette:
- Voisins du Zéro or Neighbours of Zero – this is a 15 number bet using 9 chips. A trio, covering 0, 2,+3 -- 2 chips. Then 5 splits; 4/7, 12/15. 18/21, 19/22, & 32/35 -- 1 chip each. Plus, one corner, 25, 26, 28,29 -- 2 chips.
- Le Tiers Du Cylindre – this again covers a selection of numbers, this time 12, opposite end to the zero, numbers 27 -33. This is a 6-piece split bet of one chip each covering; 5/8, 10/11, 13/16, 23/24, 27/30 and 33/36.
- Orphelins – this pretty much covers the numbers the above two don’t. That is 1, 6, 9, 14, 17, 20, 31 and 34. Betting is 4 chips, 3 placed on splits 6/9, 14/17, 17/20 and 31/34, and one straight on the number 1.
- Jeu Zero or Zero Bet – a four-piece bet covering numbers either side of the zero. One straight bet on number 26, then, 3 splits on 0/3, 12/15 and 32/35.
- Neighbour Bets – this is a common bet but you need a racetrack in which to place the bet. Here you cover a certain number and the surrounding neighbour numbers, so, for example, Bet 5 & neighbours would cover; 5, 24, 16, 10 and 23. Some online roulette games allow you to cover up to 8 numbers.
Roulette Betting Strategies
Roulette versions are known as games of chance, but some strategies have been utilised in the roulette casino; the most classic of these are the Martingale and Fibonacci systems that can be employed across the many roulette variations.
Your betting strategy will have a direct influence on your betting budget; please set it responsibly. There are no roulette rules for the strategies, but it is recommended to start low and leave room to increase your bet as you play.
A popular system in use on the roulette table, the concept is simple. Increase your bet after every loss. The theory is when you eventually win, you will get your lost money back and then start betting at the original amount.
It is a risky manoeuvre as it entails betting big to win small. Like all other betting strategies, there are no guarantees you will win enough to cover the increase in bets.
Using The Martingale System
With this system place your wager on even-money outside bets; 1-18, 19-36, Red, Black, Even, and Odd. These carry a 50% chance of winning, but, they are the lowest payouts on 1 to 1. Meaning you win the same amount you bet.
- Start with a small amount, the table minimum is a good place to start.
- Bet the same until you lose.
- Double your next bet.
- Keep losing, keep doubling your bet.
With any win, go back to the original bet. The sequence would look like this: 1 – 2 – 4 – 8 – 16 – 32 – 64 – 128 – 256 – 512 – 1024 – 2048 – 4096 – 8192
Problems With The Martingale System
It’s risky! Again you could lose huge amounts for only a small win. The zero pocket is the biggest hiccup, which to you is the house edge, making the odds against you.
Doesn’t matter what online casino you play at, or which roulette table you choose, odds are the Martingale System will not bring you huge roulette benefits. Play small bets, set an upper limit and don’t go beyond it, and you may see some wins come your way using this system.
Using The Fibonacci System
This is a popular system with roulette players based on a set of numbers, where the next number in the sequence you get equals the sum of the previous two. That looks like this: 1-1-2-3-5-8-13-21-34-55-89-144-233 and so on.
The next number in this sequence would be 144+233 = 377. At the roulette table, there is no need to start at 1 but keep your bets low, using the minimum table limit is a sensible approach. To use Fibonacci in your roulette game, you are going to be betting on even money bets as before with the 50% chance of winning. That is Odd/Even, Black/Red, and 1-18/19-36.
- Place your bet, if you win the first bet, you just restart the system.
- If you lose, you bet the next amount in the sequence until you have a win.
- Following a win, you go back and restart from the original bet.
Modern Online Casinos Offering Roulette
It’s the 21st century, and there will always be an online casino with roulette variations available to play. Some may be just a roulette casino, although that is rare. Others will offer a range of online casino games from a variety of software providers.
Once again, the roulette types you will find vary considerably from online casino to casino. You can expect to find a range of table games where you play the roulette table alone, honing your skills. Table roulette is a great way of discovering if betting strategies work for your budget and the type of roulette game you want to play.
With the upsurge of technology, it is now possible to play online roulette live. This is a truly interactive, exhilarating experience. The dealers or croupiers are live; you can interact with them and with other players if you wish. You can even play on real casino floors with some of the game providers.
The roulette benefits of playing live casino are considerable; you experience all the pluses of going to a land-based casino without having to get dressed up or find your way there. You can even take your playing experience on the go by using either a mobile app or your mobile device’s browser.
Selecting An Online Casino Offering Roulette
Looking for your favourite roulette table online, you can visit any number of casinos, they are bright, new, sophisticated and appear to offer a great selection of games. But how good are they really? When you are selecting an online casino, there are several things you should consider:
- Its Reputation – what other players think about a casino is a good indication of how a casino is functioning.
- The Casino’s Licence – Indicating its legitimacy. This should be easy to find on the casino site, check the bottom of the home page or the about us. Even pop over and check out the regulators. You can even ask for verification via the sites live chat.
- The Casino Support System – a respectable casino will do everything they can to help you and keep you happy and playing at their casino.
- Is It Multilingual – what language does the casino use, is it one you are comfortable with?
- Study the Bonuses on Offer – nothing is ever really free, look past the glitz and the promises and see what the casino bonus is going to give you. Check the wagering requirements – remember you cannot withdraw any winnings unless these are met. It probably best to go with a bonus that you can roll over than a really extravagant one.
- Awards & Certificates – again easy to discover, the site will want everyone to know they have won any highly competitive awards. You can also check if the casino carries a stamp for fairness and is regularly audited.
- Multiple Device Compatibility – you want to play your casino when and where you want. Check if the casino is download-only, or if the games are flash or HTML compatible. Most casinos are compatible with Android, iOS and Windows platforms making them adjust to whatever device screen you are using.
- Payment Options – are they fast? Are they familiar, ones you feel comfortable using? What currencies can you play in?
Safety is an ongoing concern at any time, and online casinos are keen to show how security conscious they are. Check out how the casino looks after your personal and financial information, look for bank-level SSL encryption 128-bit or above.
Check out if the casino has playing guides for their games and how active they are on social media -- a great way to discover a casino’s rep is from the players themselves.
Is there a VIP program or loyalty program ongoing at the casino? How does it reward player loyalty?
How it makes you feel -- you are the one playing on the site. Can you find your way around easily? Are the tabs clear? Can you find the games you want? Is there a dedicated search engine? Can you look for games via providers? Are you happy with the roulette on offer, does it cover all the variations? Are the table limits variable, so they suit both high and low rollers? Have you the option to play for fun if you want to check out a new roulette-style?
Is there assistance provided to support responsible gambling? No one knows if playing will stop being fun, but if it does, you want resources at hand to help you manage. The online casino business is competitive with new casinos appearing frequently. They are improving all the time, so do check out newer casinos, even if they have no awards, give them time.
It would be a shame not to play online at a casino with a live casino. They really do offer an excellent interactive user experience, and playing roulette in this environment is exciting, adrenaline-racing fun! To make life much easier for you when looking for an online casino, you can visit our website and check out our thorough reviews.
We leave no stone unturned, in bringing you accurate up to date information on the online casinos, bonuses and games available. There is no need to plough through all the reviews yourself, let us do that for you.
Roulette Etiquette Tips
Roulette is no doubt an exciting, fun-to-play game for both novice and an advanced player. Roulette players are sociable players, and if you are going to play at a live casino roulette table then its a good idea to get some tips on roulette etiquette. Etiquette that will help you play this iconic, glamorous game; enjoying the experience to the fullest.
But why play roulette at an online live casino? Here are a few very good reasons:
- You can play 24/7 no restriction on time.
- Multiple choices of roulette tables
- Low and high table limits
- Real dealers
- Bonuses available.
And because you’ll be interacting in a live environment, you need to know how to handle yourself and others.
Online Roulette Etiquette
Check out the game you are playing before joining the table. Online, it is easy to view the previous stats and the hot and cold numbers if you want to try out with some strategies. Also, a good idea to check out the table limits and make sure they match your budget limits before you get involved in the play.
As in a land-based casino if you are playing live casino roulette table remember there are other players at the table. You do not have to chat, but you do have to be polite, remember your language and keep offensive comments and observations to yourself.
A roulette game has its ups and downs, and it is no one’s fault if you lose, least of all the dealer or croupier. Please be respectful, they are professionals and there to help you.
Once your bets are down, and the dealer has called ‘no more bets’ you cannot change your mind about your bet. You bet has to stand for that spin. Just like it would in a land-based casino.
Cashing out -- wait until all the bets are settled and before new bets are placed, before you cash out. Roulette is not a noisy, hubbub sort of game, that is not to say a roulette table isn’t fun. It is! Maybe try out the Live Speed roulette if you want to up the pace a bit.
Another online option for roulette aficionados is dual play roulette. This is where you are playing online but at a table in a land-based casino. It doesn’t matter where you are based, you can play via your smartphone or tablet, but remember extending courtesy to the other players is important, especially as you do not know how many are viewing the game!
Another exciting roulette option is Lightening Roulette where alongside all the traditional bets and play, you also get the chance at lucky numbers and extra wins. This is a multiplayer option so plenty of people around, but as usual it is about your bets.
Lightning Roulette is a show-style environment and electrifying experience for the players. The Lucky Number options can bring in 50x -- 500x your bet as in each round lightning strikes between one and five Lucky Numbers.
Whatever game of roulette you play, we want you to enjoy it to its fullest, the suggestions and ideas on here are to help make your roulette play as fun and as lucrative as possible. Keep a close watch out for any updates; you will find them here first.